Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beautiful Before and Afters

The last few weeks have been busy.  My son Grady finished just had his last indoor soccer game.  My hubby has found a part time job at Lowes.  He has been in commercial construction for over 20 years and commercial construction has been hit hard.  It is such a blessing for us for him to be starting back to work.  I'm so excited that we also get a discount at Lowes.  We are big DIY's. 

I played basketball last Saturday with Grady and I dislocated my knee.  Ouch! Ouch!  It is healing slowly.  My new name is hop a long!   I'm getting ready to redesign our living room.  Working on picking on paint colors, fabrics and more. 

I can't praise God enough for all of his blessings over the last year.  He is always there and his abundant grace is so amazing to me. 

I love the custom pieces that I get do for people so without further ado......

This person bought this entryway table on-line.  It has great bones.  She was looking for an aqua blue paint and light distressing.

I had the perfect aqua blue.

Light Distressing.


This rocking chair is a family heirloom and from New York State.  The transformation is unbelievable.  It had sat in her bedroom for12 years in disrepair.  It is possible that this rocking chair is 80-100 years old.  This is an antique. 


 The fabric was screaming 70's.


The binding in the seat was a in pieces.



The stuffing that was there had disintegrated.  All of the rust color on the floor is old batting.


Amazing transformation!  Great fabric which the owner choose herself.




The rich wood was not cleaned but walnut oil applied.  It keeps the patina on the the goose neck arms.



The wood was so dry that oil was absorbed quickly.  I love the details on this rocking chair.


Rich chocolate brown trim adds a richness to this piece.

Tattered Butterfly Design is pleased that my customers our happy.  That makes all work worthwhile is to see smiles when they see their piece re-styled for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I would love to learn how to reupholster someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up the exact chair. did yours have burlap straps underchair. mine looks reapholster. I am trying to find a value. can anyone send email to swnsrndllnn@aol.com on info or value.

    ReplyDelete