Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happy Fall Simple Wreath

Fall is my favorite season.  I was born in October.  I held my beautiful son for the first time in October.  After 11 years of  infertility and 2 year wait to adopt.  It was a long journey but it was the sweetest experience to meet our son, Grady and welcome him into our little family.  Words can't express what a joy he is in our lives.  People often ask "Don't you think he needs a sibling?".  My response is "It's better to have one than none."


Okay, I digress!  I love to create, paint, and craft.  I have given up on perfection.  I don't want a perfect wreath, the perfect life, or perfectly painted piece of furniture.  Being perfect is so overrated and exhausting.  I find creating makes my soul happy.  I like being imperfect.  I like the look of handmade.  I like simple projects.  I didn't want to spend any money on this.  I used what I had in my craft room.  


I took 2 yards of fabric and  cut them in 2" x 12" strips. I choose a orange polka dot fabric.   I used a flat metal wreath that you can find at at a craft store.  I tied each strip around the wreath and double tied it.  It took about 2.5 hours to wrap the wreath.  I didn't watch TV one night.



I then made a large bow out of Chevron Burlap. I hot glued it to the wreath. 



 I dug through my scrapbook stuff and found the buttons and sticker letters.   I love the whimsical look of the wreath.


 Navy Blue Door with the Orange Wreath looks great.  This wreath will last through Thanksgiving. 

Happy Fall Y'all! 

Debbi
  



No comments:

Post a Comment