Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Couch Redo On The Horizion

A week ago I was at one of my favorite jaunts.  I found this couch that was in great condition. They wanted $75 but I was able to get it for $50.00!!! Yep, that's right.  This was a steal.   The missing leg was hidden in the under the cushion.  What drew me in was the hump on the back and the large one piece cushion. 

Next up fabric.  I know I wanted Linen. I searched online for hours.  I didn't see anything I loved.  I wanted to find something that was soft.  Having Fibromyalgia there are days I need a soft place to land.  Sometimes Linen can be rough depending on the weave.  I found the perfect linen that has a bit of sheen and super soft.

I wanted to find a different fabric for the cushion. I wanted to add a bit of whimsy and fun.  Something uThe look typography is something I've done on dresser and other furniture pieces.  Why not fabric?  When I brought my fabric up to the counter the lady that was helping said "This looks likes something you would see at  Restoration Hardware."  My intentions wasn't that but hey, I'll go with it! 


This project I'm having Kevin, from Blue Chair Upholstery do.  I wanted a crown on the cushion.  He suggested using down feathers for part of the cushion.




Stay tuned for updates a long the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment