Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sometimes We Need To Getaway

I've been putting of writing on my blog.  I'm not sure why.  I'm trying to get into a good routine since leaving a brick and mortar store.  It's been a bit chaotic.

We were able spend 4 Days up at a friend's cabin.  It was located in Big Cottonwood Canyon.  It was so beautiful.  The cabin is quite secluded  which made for the perfect getaway.  No computers or cell phones.

My hubby had to work during the day but he came up after work.  Grady and I did three amazing hikes.

The first hike was Desolation Lake.  This was a huge hike but one of the most beautiful ones.  It was 6 miles round trip.  Uh, well let's just say 7 hours later and one thunderstorm fortunately we made it back safely.  This hike is like steep hills and valleys.





Our second hike was Dog Lake.  This was 3 mile hike round trip.  This is a pretty steep climb.  Not as pretty hike.  It was the perfect place to sit under pine trees and have lunch.

 Starting up the steep mountain. It gets much steeper.  Really, it does!
 Beautiful view of the mountains
 Grady enjoying cooling off underneath the pine trees.
 Tranquility at it's best!

Our third hike and last was Donut Falls.  This was an easy hike about a 2 mile hike round trip. A wide trail that meanders around a creek.  It was very relaxing and lots of adorable squirrels.  Donut fall is so pretty and massive.  We enjoyed our lunch and then walked around the creek bed for awhile.  You can climb Donut Falls but it is steep and all rocks.  Grady really wanted to climb it but I didn't think it was safe.  Grady wasn't too happy about my decision.  Many people did climb it.


 Sweet Butterfly

 Steep Donut Falls
 Bottom of the Falls.
 Creek bed.  The water so clear and sooo COLD!

At night we had enjoyed the fire pit and sunset.  Of course we had roasted hot dogs and S'mores.  It was a very needed vacation.  This sounds corny but nature fills up my soul.  The quietness of the mountains helped me be able to listen to God and strengthen my relationship with him.  It gave some special moments with my son and husband.  Sometimes in life we need to s-l-o-w down.  Have a retreat from all the worries and cares and focus on each other. 

We left the cabin and came down the canyon to see this fiery sunset.  A perfect ending to our little vacation.


My dear friend let us stay at her cabin.  Thank so much for sharing your little piece of heaven on earth with us..  May God bless your generosity.  What I didn't know was I would need this experience to hold on to in the coming weeks.

Wishing you a wonderful day, 
Debbi 

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful 



No comments:

Post a Comment