Friday, September 13, 2013

Coming Home From A Vacation Can Be A Real Headache

After spending 4 peaceful days in Big Cottonwood Canyon we came home to water damage in our home.  We opened the door and we smelled a musty damp thickness in the air and we could hear water running.  My husband, Tim ran to find where the water was coming from.  It was from the upstairs bathroom.  A compression hose had popped off and had been running for 3 to 4 days.

We accessed the damage and the thought it was mostly the basement.  The ceilings had burst open from the water.  Our master bedroom and bath was in at least 2 inches of water.  Our laundry room which is also where the furnace and water heater was a mess.  Part of are family room ceiling had burst open too.

It was so overwhelming.  We didn't know what to do.  We contacted our insurance and let them know.  We thought we could at least stay upstairs.  Uh, no I don't think so! Then we realized there was water upstairs in every area.  We felt paralyzed!  It felt like our vacation was a year ago.   

We started calling around to see what company could help us with this horrible mess.  We found a company that we felt comfortable with and in less 48 hours this was our house. 

 Master Bathroom
 Basement Hallway
 Master bedroom ceiling
 Family Room
 Family Room

 Kitchen has been torn out.  Cabinets were wet.
 Living Room
 Stairwell
 Son's Bedroom
 Craft Room/Office

 22 years of Stuff
Our whole life in a container.

I had know idea what water can do to a home.  It has been 4 weeks and no work has started.  Lots of red tape.  Lots of frustration.  Our lives have been turned upside down.  No running water in house.  No where to paint for Tattered Butterfly.  No where to create.  My son not being able to play in the neighborhood.  Living in a two room hotel. 

 I wasn't ready for the detour in life.  Are we ever ready for something like this?  I don't think so. It is the uncharted waters that helps us grow and change. We can either become bitter in challenges or we can become better.  It is a choice.

As we were driving away from our home my son, Grady said "Mom, the most important thing is we have each other."  My heart melted.  Grady has always had a way about persepective.  This is a fresh new beginning.  I've known for awhile I've need one.  I didn't know how to do it.

We have a long road head of us.  I'm learning to take it day by day.  It has helped me to focus on God.  He is hear in this mess.  He's sent several angels our way.  
   
It is through my tatteredness that I learn the most about God.  God loves me in my weaknesses.  He cherishes me even when I struggle.  It is then when I truly turn to Him that there are no pretenses.  It's in the struggle that I can bring glory to God.  He makes the worst situation in to something beautiful and stunning.  Trusting in Him.  

Debbi 

Be Your Own Kind Of 

Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment