Saturday, September 1, 2012

French Inspired Hutch

I dream of going to Paris someday.  For now I have to live an inspired french life!  LOL.  I found this solid oak hutch at a local thrift store.  It was a bit sad but had great details. 

I noticed in several magazines of taupe and white.  Well, it is a new favorite for me too.  It's soft and not to heavy of look.  Sometimes cream can be over used in french inspired pieces. 

I also used Mercury like hardware on doors and 2 oversized Paris Clock knobs on drawer.  Mixing hardware gives more interest to furniture. 

The distressing on this piece looks remarkable.  It gives it added richness. It also had glass doors that were in bad shape so out with glass and in with the chicken wire.





Confession:  I usally use Sherwin Williams Paint.  My hubby works at Lowe's on the weekends.  He's been trying to talk me into Valspar's Ultra Premium Paint and Primer.  Guess what?  I love it!
It goes on like cream which is how SW paint goes on.  It means a lot less drips!

I loved the paint color choices too.  The price is about $20.00 lower a gallon than SW.  I highly recommend it.  I had a lot of fun with this project. 

You can find this piece up at The Old Flamingo, 3474 S. 2300 E., Millcreek, UT 84109.  Price $385.00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment