Saturday, January 22, 2011

Confessions of a Working Mom!

Just a month ago I was moving my business home.  Biggest reason  to home school my son.  We have now done 3 weeks and he is doing great.  His personality has changed back into an 8 year old son and not a 12 year old know it all!  I love being with him. 

My house was some what of wreck being away from home so much with having a brick & mortar store.  My house suffered a lot.  Then I downsized from 2300 sq ft showroom and warehouse to my 1800 sq ft house!  I needed to make a paint room in my basement.  Turn my third bedroom in to home office/school room.  Let's just say I was a little overwhelmed.  Boxes where in every room of the house.  Shuffling and moving things around made things look worst at first.

I'm actually going to show you pictures of some disaster areas.  Why? I think it is important to be truthful about being a working mom.  Sometimes it's not so pretty and that's okay.  Creating is a part of my soul that I can't live with out.  It like water to a parched soul for me.  I wouldn't be as good of a mom if I didn't have some outlets of my own.   Without further ado here are some pictures of my unorganized life getting organized.


                                                                          Before
                                                                           After
                                                                          Before
                                                                          After

I'm creating spaces in my home where I can create a space that inspires me everyday!  It's been a bit slower than I wanted but slow and steady wins the race.  Tattered Butterfly Design is going to live in on even with all of it's transitions. :)

P.S. I will be doing a tutorial soon with the dresser/bookcase in my office/homeschooling room.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment