Friday, April 9, 2010

DecouPage LoVe 2



At my Tattered Butterfly Design store I have a studio where I can create anytime. I found this stool and thought I could add a little pizazz with dragonfly card stock. Using card stock can be a little harder to work with when decoupaging. Here are a few tips.

1. Poke holes in the card stock with a safety or straight pin. If you by pass this step, you can have problems with bubbling and not laying flat.
2. Use a good paint brush. Foam brushes don't work as well.
3. Put decoupage down on top of the stool.
4. Then lay down the card stock and smooth out with your hand or brayer.
5. To get a distress look use a sanding block, be careful not to rub to hard or otherwise the paper will tear. It is easier to distress before drying.
6. Add another even layer of decoupage. On this piece I used sparkle decoupage to add a bit of whimsy.
7. Let dry. You now have a new piece with about an hour of work! Use as extra seating or as end table. Enjoy!
My son was acting out a commercial for Tattered Butterfly Design. Too Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment