Thursday, December 20, 2012

Typography French Inspired Dresser

I have to admit when I found this junky old dresser I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  The top was severely damaged!    

 It had severe water damage to the top.  The veneer was bubbling up.  My handy husband sanded and peeled the loose pieces off.
 Two coats of black paint and I was thinking about decoupaging with some damask wallpaper.
 At the last minute I decided to pull out my favorite stencils.  I used cream acrylic paint and I randomly place the words all over the dresser. I lightly sanded the french typography.  

Two coats of Cabot Polystain in Walnut Gloss.  This stuff can give an age look in one fell swoop.



 Added some glass knobs and sprayed the old hardware with Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I love this stuff! It goes on so smooth and gives hardware a little more sheen and depth then using black spray paint.



They are rough patches on the top but it gives the effect of old paper on top.

Using the gloss polyurethane creates a lot of reflection in pictures.  It doesn't look this glossy in person.


 Gotta love the camera strap in the picture.  Err!  
This is one of my best trash to treasure redesigns.  I have to to say this is one I'd love to keep.  
This went to a lovely lady who had the perfect place in her home. 

Debbi

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful





5 comments:

  1. YOUR MAKEOVER.IS SIMPLY SAID FLAT OUT WOW,AMAZING AND UNIQUE,I KNOW this will sell fast...THANK YU FOR THE KIND COMMENT

    AGAIN LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresser! any chance you can share where you got the great stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresser! I too would love to know where the stencil is from! What a marvelous idea! That stencil is on my need to have list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stencil is one of my favorites too! I found the stencil on ebay. This company was amazing to work with! Shipped and delievered in a few days. http://stores.ebay.com/Pins-by-Joanie-Stencils-and-Wood



    ReplyDelete