Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Tattered Christmas

I took this picture a few years ago.  We went on the end of summer hike and came across a massive butterfly flock!  I guess you can call it that?  I was amazed and overwhelmed by the sight of them.  I love that they look all tattered and they surprise you when they open their wings.

Isn't that how God works?  Working from the inside out? 

You might be asking why am I posting a picture of a butterfly during the Christmas season?  Shouldn't be a how to decorate your house for Christmas or a cutesy DIY craft?

At Christmas time you see the commercials  of the perfect house, perfect tree, perfect meal, perfect kids, perfect family.  Sometimes it can make a girl a little crazy.  It looks so easy, doesn't? 

I think it makes us sometimes feel a little let down if it's not like the commercial.  My life isn't a commercial. 

I have a confession.  My tree isn't up!  I know 2 weeks before  Christmas?  What am I thinkin'!  I don't even have any holiday decor out yet.  I just know I'm damaging my 10 year old son for life. 

This butterfly reminds me of God's love for me.  God was winking at me that day I came upon this flock of beauties.  He knows me and He knows you. This Christmas season I want to remember His love for me and that my tattered life is okay with Him. 

Through all the tattered things that we see this time of year, I hope we can see  that sweet baby laying in manger and knowing He was born for each of us.

Sending you much love,

Debbi






No comments:

Post a Comment