Friday, November 2, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Fun

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is all the rage!  It's all over.  Blogs, magazines, retail stores.  I've wanted to try it.  I have to say I hadn't because of sticker shock!  $38.00 a quart.  Plus the soft wax for about $28.00. Ouch, what?  This must be gold!  I can get a gallon of high quality latex paint for around $30.00.  What's all the rage about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint?  I took the plunge and choose Provence color and Annie Sloan's Dark wax. 



 I've been painting furniture for over four years now.  I use latex paint for everything!  I love latex paint.  It has come a long way baby.  Easy wash up, great finishes and so durable.  I use all low VOC paints.  It doesn't hurt the environment or me.  


Let's put ASPC to the challenge.  An old rustic milk can and vintage oak frame.

The instructions say to wipe down with dish soap.  So that's what I did.


This is one coat of paint on the frame.

I love the feel of the ASCP.  The color I'm in love with.  I like the how it goes smooth.  It's a cinch to distress!  


I decided to try Annie Sloan Dark Soft Wax.  This stuff is gold in my opinion.
It's as soft as Vaseline and goes on with ease.

I used an old t-shirt.  I wasn't going
I used an old t-shirt. I wasn't going  to invest in soft wax brush, just yet.  The t-shirt worked just fine.

I used another clean t-shirt rag to wipe it off. It gives a rich look. It made the color, Provence turn a bit more greenish.
  

I rubbed the Annie Sloan Dark Wax on the frame but used regular paste wax on the milk can.

I have to say I loved the paint.  I only used a 1/8 of can.  You use a lot of less paint than latex.  I liked it more than I wanted too! 
I've seen so many blogs that have said they loved it and couldn't live without.  Well, add me to the list of other bloggers!



I was only going to work on the frame and milk can, but I just couldn't stop painting!  I did 10 more signs.  I did all of this in about 5 hours.  I had a blast.  It was so nice that at the end of the 5 hours  EVERYTHING was finished. No hours of waiting to for paint to dry.  Waiting for poly acrylic to dry.  It really was a time saver. 

Off to paint more stuff!  I'll be picking up so more colors in the next few days! 


Debbi 

1 comment:

  1. She's very pretty! I love mixed media, too, and want to experiment more with it in future. Thanks for the inspiring example. :) chameleon paint

    ReplyDelete