Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Little Corner of Mine For Under $50

My hubby, Tim and I are always working on our next project for the shop.  In between that we are homeschooling our 9 year old son, Grady.  There is a tendency to over look our home in creating spaces we love.  In the past that wasn't the case.

Tim and I have decided that we need to be adding to our home.  I decided to work on the corner that I always sit by in the evenings we I'm not painting.

On Saturday with Grady.  I scored a few things.  The large swag light is my fav.  It was so dirty and had a very damaged  cord.


I may paint the brass hardware.  I'm so glad Tim redid the cord and hung it up that night.  This light only set me back $8.00.

I found this $15.00 end table the is tall and has a lot of baskets which I need for keeping all my design magazines.


A Milk Glass Hobnail Lamp for $10.00.  I painted the brass with high gloss white.  The shape of this lamp is amazing.  I have a pair of these and found them at a local thrift store.  They're in mint condition.



You might think it is over kill to have a hanging light so close to lamp but I'm a "light" person. Having the end table be so high it helps with reading and surfing the web.



Some of my favorite items that encourage and inspire me.  A friend gave me the little Eiffel tower.  I spray painted Turquoise by Valspar. A little bit of whimsy always makes me smile.

This bright and chippy chair I found for $4.00.  I came home and sanded it and added a poly coat to pop the color a bit more.



 This old door I've shown before but now it has a permanent place.  I added the plaque that quotes one of my favorite passages in the bible.  I love double stick tape!

 These birds are made in India.  I traded with another designer at The Old Flamingo.  There is a handmade bell at the end the birds that is used for gathering sheep. 

The door was purchased for $10.00



It was fun to create a little corner of mine.  It reflects me.  Only $50.00.  The space is worth a lot more to me than that!










No comments:

Post a Comment