Sunday, March 7, 2010

Playful Numbers


I've been noticing lately that numbers are becoming a new "hot" item in home decor. I picked these wooden numbers up at local outlet store on the cheap. Oh they didn't look like this. They were black with no personality. I decided that a little bit of Collage Pauge could give me the look I was after. I picked out aged looking scrapbook papers. My favorite is the Paris inspired paper. I traced the numbers and cut them out leaving a little bit of over hanger. I then applied a coat of pauge to the wooden numbers and overlapped the paper numbers over them. I let them dry and then took some sand paper and sanded around the edges. And there you have it. I displayed them in my retail shop on an old cast iron griddle. I love how the turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment